How to Use Our RSS Feed
See below for instructions on adding RSS feeds for Microsoft Outlook and Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari web browsers.
• For Windows Internet Explorer (version 7.0 or higher) / Adding your RSS Feed to Microsoft Outlook
• For Firefox (version 3.0 or higher)
• For Safari (version 4.0 or higher, for MAC OS X)
• Note About RSS Readers
1) While visiting our HBG International page, click on the orange RSS icon in the upper right-hand side of your favorites toolbar:
2) You should see our RSS feed page; an image of this is below. In the yellow box on the page, clock on the link that says “Subscribe to this feed.”
3) A box will pop up to subscribe to this feed. Click on “Subscribe” to sign up for this feed. Make sure the that in the drop-down option “Create in,” the choice “Feeds” is selected.
4) Now you are able to access our HBG International Feed from your Favorites menu as soon as you open your web browser. Click on the star on the upper left hand corner to access your Favorites, and then click on the “Feed” displayed at the top. There, you will see our HBG International Feed.
This method is also how you can add our RSS feed to your Microsoft Outlook program. The feed will appear on the Mail sidebar of your Outlook Program under “RSS Feeds.”
On Firefox, you can use its “Live Bookmarks” feature to get the latest updates displayed as part of your Favorites Toolbar.
1) First, make sure that your Bookmarks Toolbar is being displayed in your Firefox Browser. First, go to “View” in the top bar, then select “Toolbars” and then “Bookmarks Toolbar.” If this option is checked, that means the toolbar is being displayed.
2) Now, when visting our HBG International page, click on the RSS icon in your web browser address bar.
3) You should see the below page. This is our feed page. Make sure the above drop-down option reads “Subscribe to the feed using Live Bookmarks.” Then click on the button that says “Subscribe Now.”
5) A box titled “Add Live Bookmark” will pop up. Make sure the drop-down boxes read “Name: Hachette Book group International” and “Create in: Bookmarks Toolbar.” Then, click the “Add” button.
6) Once you have subscribed, an RSS icon for the HBG International website will appear in your Favorites Toolbar. You can click on this icon to read the latest updates on our website.
1) If you don’t already use the Bookmark Bar in Safari (the narrow strip of your favorite site bookmarks that appears immediately below the address bar) then now’s a good time to get into the habit of using it. You can enable it with View –> Show Bookmarks Bar. Click on the RSS button in the web browser address bar.
2) You should see the below page. This is our feed page. To subscribe to our RSS feed you need to bookmark it. Click on “Bookmarks” on the top toolbar, then go to “Add Bookmark to Menu.”
3) A Box titled RSS Bookmark Name will pop up. Be sure the RSS Feed is titled “Hachette Book Group International” and under “Add Bookmark,” the Safari box is checked and the drop-down bx says “Bookmarks Bar.” Click the “Add” button.
4) Once you have subscribed, an RSS icon for the HBG International website will appear in your Bookmarks Toolbar. You can click on this icon to read the latest updates on our website.
Note About RSS Readers
If you are already familiar with using RSS Feeds, you can add our HBG International feed to any of your prefered RSS readers. See below for information for a few we recommend.
- NewsGator – FeedDemon 2.0
(Windows, more info)
- NewsGator – Inbox for Microsoft Outlook
- NewsGator – NetNewsWire
(via “Live Bookmarks” feature)
(feed support in the Apple OS X native browser)
- Pulp Fiction
Hope you find this information helpful, and happy reading!